[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text][Last Updated: December 9, 2015]
2. TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHT & DATABASE RIGHTS
We own or license the copyright in the Content of our Site, which includes, but is not limited to, all images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, trademarks, service marks, the “look” and “feel”, color combinations, button shapes, layout, design, graphical elements, arrangement of items, written and other materials that appear on the Site, HTML and other code, all database rights in the Site, and all copyrightable or otherwise legally protectable elements on our Site (collectively, the “Content”). This Content is legally protected under intellectual property laws. The modification, copying, distribution or incorporation into any other work of part or all of our Site or its Content, in any form, is prohibited; except, you may print or download extracts for your non-commercial, informational and direct personal use only. All rights are reserved.
3. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
There may be links that make it easier for you to connect to third-party websites or that will let you access our Site from third-party websites. We do not control linked third-party websites, and are not responsible for the contents of any linked third-party website or any link contained in such a linked website. Existence of links to other third-party websites is not an endorsement by us in favor of such website or the products or services contained in any third-party website.
If you choose to access a third-party website linked on our Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. In fact, even if another website has our name, logo or other identification associated with us, it may not be authorized by us and you should not assume it is our Site, unless we actually say so. Thus, concerns regarding services or resources or links to third-party websites should be directed to the provider of the outside service or resource. Not us.
4. ACCEPTABLE USE
• Alter, delete or conceal copyright or other notices, even if we let you download, display, print or share our Content with others;
• Send unsolicited commercial email to the email addresses provided on the Site. The posting of email addresses is not to be construed as, and does not constitute consent to use them by any seller of services, any compiler of mailing lists, or any other non-authorized use without prior permission from us. Spam, chain emails, advertising solicitations and similar email solicitations are expressly prohibited;
• Post or transmit to or from the Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, indecent or pornographic material or other material of any kind that constitutes or encourages a criminal offense, gives rise to any civil liability or otherwise violates any applicable law;
• Post or transmit to or from the Site any material of any kind which violates or infringes upon rights of any persons, including material which is an invasion of any privacy or publicity rights, or which is protected by copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary rights or related derivative works rights, without first obtaining permission from the owner of relevant rights holder;
• Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Site, system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
• Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Site including, without limitation, by way of submitting a virus to the Site or to us, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing”, or “crashing”;
• Send unsolicited email of promotions or advertising of products or services, or both;
• Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email; and/or
• Frame the Contents of any part of our Site within any materials not originated by us.
5. SITE CONTENT; DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
OUR SITE AND ALL CONTENT IS MADE AVAILABLE “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY RELATING TO TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THERE IS NO GUARANTY OR ASSURANCE THAT OUR SITE OR CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE OR THAT ALL CONTENT WILL PERFORM AS DESCRIBED OR THAT OUR SITE OR CONTENT IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR ERROR FREE. ALTHOUGH THE JPC SEEKS TO ENSURE THAT THE CONTENT OF OUR SITE IS ACCURATE AND CURRENT (DESPITE NO OBLIGATION TO DO SO), USERS SHOULD SEEK APPROPRIATE LEGAL ADVICE BEFORE TAKING OR REFRAINING FROM TAKING ANY ACTION BASED ON INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OUR SITE. THE CONTENT OF OUR SITE SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE.
FURTHERMORE, WE ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY MALICIOUS OR UNAUTHORIZED CODE. RATHER, YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING YOU HAVE APPROPRIATE SCANNING AND PROTECTIVE MECHANISMS FOR THE SECURITY OF YOUR EQUIPMENT, PROGRAMS AND INFORMATION. BY USING OUR SITE, YOU ARE ASSUMING ALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH USE.
PLEASE KNOW, THE FORGOING PARAGRAPHS IN THIS SECTION DO NOT ATTEMPT TO AFFECT ANY OF YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER OR OTHERWISE UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW OF THE RELEVANT JURISDICTION. TO THE EXTENT THAT THESE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED BY LAW, THOSE PARTS OF THE CLAUSES THAT ARE PROHIBITED WILL NOT APPLY. THE REMAINING TERMS AND CLAUSES WILL CONTINUE TO APPLY, HOWEVER. IF ANY LIMITATION ON DAMAGES OR LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, WE SHALL BE ENTITLED TO THE MAXIMUM EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS PERMITTED. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100).
8. SEVERANCE & WAIVER
9. GOVERNING LAW
10. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP
THIS SITE IS PRESENTED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOUR USE OF OUR SITE DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WITH REED SMITH LLP, NOR DOES SUCH USE CONSTITUTE THE RECEIPT OF LEGAL ADVICE FROM REED SMITH LLP OR THE JPC. NO USER OF OUR SITE, WHETHER OR NOT THE USER IS AN EXISTING CLIENT OF REED SMITH LLP, SHOULD ACT OR REFRAIN FROM ACTING BASED ON THE CONTENT OF OUR SITE WITHOUT SEEKING APPROPRIATE LEGAL COUNSEL FROM A PROPERLY LICENSED ATTORNEY. ALTHOUGH THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ADVERTISING, SOME MATERIAL MAY BE CONSIDERED ADVERTISING UNDER THE PROFESSIONAL RULES OF CONDUCT IN SOME STATES.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT